Parts glorious parts

 After all the excitement of putting the fuel system in, things went on a bit of a hiatus for a few days mainly because I was waiting for parts. I did manage a couple of bits - cleaning some rust, doing the first bit of wiring (installing a petrol pump plug onto the loom) and so on.

I cleaned and painted my harmonic damper so it didn't look quite so much like it had been at the bottom of the sea;

Before:

After



I fitted my ECU tray. This may need some light trimming but its good and solid.

However this week, my diff housing and Sump came back!!! I then proceeded to have a huge fight getting the diff bushes out that involved a lot of swearing. I ended up managing it by using the time honored technique of hitting them really hard with a big hammer and a punch, but that was the most unpleasant job for a few weeks.



Once that was done however, the side seals popped out relatively cleanly and then I got down to cleaning the mating surfaces. Once again, a painfully time consuming job scraping off all the old sealant so as to get a decent seal with new stuff, but now I have a Diff!!

Next job on this is to get it all cleaned up and degreased, and then get it painted, at which point it can go in the car and I can get the bodywork installed.

Other things recently:
Trial fit of the front and rear suspension (that was pretty exciting!) - it'll have to come off again to fit the side panels but nice to see what it looks like, and it's pretty trick.

And I obviously had the sump back as well
This is the bit at the bottom of the engine where all the oil lives. Again, I need to clean the mating surfaces then I can refit that, and get to cleaning the engine.

I also had my injectors back from being serviced, so one less thing to worry about.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Been a while

Frustration

Catch up